There are very few valid reasons for a web design company in refusing to show any pricing for their WordPress Design Services. Sacramento Web Design Group believes that “being transparent” is an important aspect of our business model and we insist on providing that transparent pricing so our clients can better budget for their WordPress Design and Development. We have always felt that showing our “base pricing” for any of our website design packages encourages our clients to ask other firms “why they do not show any pricing”? If your getting answers like “we only do work by estimate only”, or “we have added services that would not be included in our pricing, so we could not give you an accurate price up front”, then guess what? Your’re likely being lied to.
Website Design Pricing Based on Your Salary?
WordPress design has come a long way in the last 10 years since it’s initial development and first major release. With that technology, pricing a WordPress design for our customers is really quite simple, and we’re convinced it’s just as simple for our competitors. We thrive on providing our small business customers with pricing they can afford, but at the same time, we ensure that we can give them an accurate pricing model when they are ready to move forward with a design from Sacramento Web Design Group. The reason our competitors here in Sacramento continue to refuse to do so; they are quoting you design pricing based on your current business revenue, growth and stature in the community. In other wards, your being charged depending on just how much you can pay, and your’e very likely going to get nickel and dimed for every WordPress Plugin, its configuration and setup, along with every individual page over 5-7 pages. We believe this kind of pricing is wrong for our clients, and we that’s why we insist on publishing our prices.
How to Avoid This Disturbing Trend
So how do you avoid a pricing model for your web design that once “hooked” your stuck paying additional costs for many of the features that should be included? First, you’d want to ask the design firm a few questions about how they price their web design services?
1. How come you don’t advertise your design pricing on your website?
2. How much is a basic WordPress website with 5-7 pages?
Our pricing is shown on our web site publicly. If another website design firm quotes you over $3000, then you’re paying significantly more than you should for WordPress website. Several of our competitors overcharge as much as $2000 for a basic WordPress site.
3. How much do you charge for additional items like sliders or 3rd party plugins and their configuration?
Sacramento Web Design Group includes most 3rd party plugins and we have many that “NO” website should do without. We charge for premium plugins that we have to purchase in order to install and configure on your site, but those plugins must be purchased for certain functionality. The fact is, most plugins are free and we install most of those for free.
Our Strategic Premium Plugins Installed and Configured on Every Site We Build Regardless of Price
List of Plugins that we include at NO EXTRA COST TO YOU!
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – Full SEO Suite that include the complete configuration of all meta tags for every page on your site. touted as The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.
- BackupBuddy – daily database backups and weekly full backups with the ability to send offsite to locations like Dropbox. Easy restoration of your entire website within 10-15 minutes of a website being down.
- Ithemes Security – full security suite that prevents hackers and unauthorized login to your WordPress site. We maintain and monitor your security for you as part of your web hosting.
- Gravity Forms – premium forms that can track lead generation, integrate with your autoresponder, and track and maintain a Contact Management System from within your WordPress Admin.
- Redirection – manages all your redirections for every page on the WP site. Notifies the administrator when a 404 (page not found) error occurs and allows the admin to redirect to a new or updated page location.
- SEO friendly Images
- SEO Slugs – Removes common words like ‘a’, ‘the’, ‘in’ from post slugs (page name) to improve SEO. Makes creating new SEO friendly web pages a breeze.
- SEO Smartlinks – SEO Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your website in addition to custom keyword lists, nofollow and much more.
4. Do you include SEO (search engine optimization) features, and if so, what are they?
If you don’t include them, how much additional are they going to cost? Sacramento Web Design Group includes an integrated SEO package with your initial web design and our architecture and strategy is SEO based to give your site that extra boost – right out of the gate.
5. What social media features do you include and what features are extra?
We include linking to all of your existing social media from each and every page of your website. We can also give you suggestions for improving your social media marketing.
6. What do you charge for hosting, and what value-added features do I get for that web hosting price?
On our basic packages we charge $39.95 per month and include premium hosting services as part of that price
- Managed Upgrades of WordPress and Plugins
- Daily Backups Stored Offsite
- 15 minute restoration of backup
- Firewall Protection • Setup of Complete WordPress Security Profile
- Malware Scanning
- Phone and Email Support
- Quick SLA Times • Unlimited Data Transfers
- Dedicated IP Address • Unlimited Updates to Email and DNS
- 2 Hours of Technical Changes Per Month (additional $45 per hour – regularly $95 per hour)
- Dedicated Server Support and Plenty of Bandwidth and Disk Space
Our Decision to Offer Simplistic and Fair Pricing
Sacramento Web Design Group made the decision several years ago to include our pricing for many of these features and more. We believe that if our client’s have a better understanding of what their WordPress design and development costs are upfront, the better they can budget for their online marketing later. With our competitors unfortunately, you can never be quite sure what your going to pay. We are determined to provide the best value in web design, graphic design and website development in the industry and continue to be “transparent” with our clients and potential clients as we believe that’s the “honest way” of doing business. If you want pricing that fits your budget and prevents you from taking out a loan half way through your design project, then you’ll want to work with Sacramento Web Design Group.