CDN is very important for any website that wants to serve in the international platform to provide better service to users.
Let’s explain the degree of importance of the affordable CDN companies with a simple example. Many grocery stores have tomatoes. However, some grocery stores sell the best of this tomato. CDN provider companies are like this. There can be many companies or individuals providing CDNs around us. Some of them are world-renowned companies that will provide you with the best service.
The Concept of CDN
The CDN is an abbreviated word for the Content Delivery Network, i.e. the content delivery network, this network consists of several strong and fast servers distributed on the Internet in different regions of the world and connected to each other, and most of these servers are located in the United States of America due to the presence of hosting companies that provide this service with high quality on On the global level, most of the famous sites Google, Yahoo, and Youtube use this service because, as you know, their visitors are in the millions.
The Role of CDN
Suppose that the site is in a host whose servers are located in the United States of America and the visitor is from North Africa here. The content on the servers located in the United States will not be displayed, but the content will be displayed from a server located at the nearest point to a visitor, for example, suppose from Morocco, the content will be displayed from the nearest point according to the present. The CDN servers mean that content from Europe will be displayed, and these are the closest places to Morocco, due to the lack of this service in Africa.
COMPANIES OFFERING THE BEST CDN SERVICES IN 2021
In this article, we introduced the companies that provide the affordable CDN one by one. Although there is a paid CDN Service, most of them are included in the Free CDN Service.
CDN contributes significantly to increasing website performance, as it:
- Increasing its speed is considered an important matter, as a study by Strange loop discovered showed that a single second delay in a site’s response means 11% fewer views and 7% fewer profits.
- A CDN allows the burden and tasks to be distributed over a group of servers instead of being borne by the server hosting your site alone, which protects it from crashes and makes it available all the time.
- Improves user experience.
- Improves site ranking on google search results.
CloudFlare, CDN has a very important place between companies. When you start to get CDN service from CloudFlare, you can keep your website safe both by optimizing your website and with CloudFlare Security Suite. It has free and premium options. The advantages of choosing CloudFlare can be listed as follows;
- Having 75 different data centers
- Free SSL
- DDoS protection
- Easy WordPress integration with self-developed systems
- Fully compatible with WordPress Cache
- Fixed price on advanced plugins
- Not affected by traffic
- Worth using CloudFlare only having enough traffic or to protect the site from hackers
- Acts as a middleman, if CloudFlare goes down, your website will drop down
In our opinion, the most competitive player in the low-cost CDN market. Tariffs from $0.01/GB per consumption without having to buy any monthly subscription. There is an option to buy a super-cheap Volume plan at 7 points of presence for $0.005/GB
Huge geography of points of presence (POP), including Russia. To “try” outright and without any questions, they give 1TB of traffic for 14 days.
- 42 points of presence in 28 countries on all continents, including Russia
- excellent admin interface, I really didn’t want to leave
- has its own WordPress plugin
- located in the EU, if anyone cares about the GDPR
- allows delivery of adult content subject to EU legislation
- The period of validity of funds on the balance after replenishment – 1 year
It is headquartered in San Francisco, California. It was presented to the public in 2011. Additional offices are in Denver, New York, Portland, London, and Tokyo. Global network; It is powered by 10GB Ethernet, Solid-State-Drive (SSD) storage, and multi-core CPUs. It provides a close to zero cleaning feature for dynamic data. The cleaning process takes approximately 150 milliseconds.
- Very performant and fast
- Support for different types of media, including video
- Free Trial Available
- No Entry-level setup fee
- No Free or Freemium Version Available
- No Premium Integration/Consulting Services Available
Having a data center in many countries is one of its most important features. However, it is more expensive than CDN77. When you start using KeyCDN, you have to pay around $50 per year. It offers a free 30-day trial. It has data centers in 25 different countries. It is an important CDN network with 25 GB of storage space, free SSL, and real-time tracking facilities.
- Easy setup
- Cheapest CDN pricing ever
- No subscription
- SSD-optimized edge servers
- Free shared SSL
- Fastest CDN
- Cannot connect pull zone with push zone
- The minimum payment is $49
CloudFront is the CDN network of Amazon websites. It works with Amazon Cloud Storage and Amazon Elastic Cloud. The most important features of the CDN service offered by Amazon;
- 1-year free trial account
- Multiple data centers in different centers
- WordPress compatibility
- WordPress plugin support
The most important feature that can be listed on the Amazon CloudFront CDN network is that you do not make any contracts when you open an account. You pay only for what you use, without any promise to stay.
- High cost at scale
- Lack of transparency of the basic CloudFront structure
Microsoft Azure CDN
When you create a membership account, it gives you $200 credit You can test Microsoft Azure CDN by opening a free trial account with your $200 balance. It is Microsoft powered and the user interface is very simple. It can analyze data in real-time.
- Acceleration Data Transfer
- Deep integration
- Multiple providers
- Advanced analytics
- Limited options for endpoints support authentication.
- Azure CDN does not support WebSockets
Stackpath currently has nearly 60 data centers and adopts a pre-monthly pricing model. It can now provide a one-month free trial. Among them, the Edge Delivery 20 plan includes 1TB/month of broadband. Personal websites are recommended to try the plan with its Cheapest CDN Services. Edge Delivery 2000 includes 100TB/month of broadband and is recommended for large platforms or enterprises.
- Max CDN – developer CDN
- Highwinds – CDN
- Fireblade – Traffic management & Cloud security
- Staminus – DDoS
- The density of Server – Infra monitoring service
- Encrypt. me – VPN
- Lesser servers outside the US & Europe
Akamai is one of the largest and most popular CDN companies in the world. It carries almost 35% of the world’s internet. It serves in more than 70 countries, with nearly 2000 networks and more than 100.000 servers. The company also provides services to very popular websites. Some of these are Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Twitter, and the White House.
- Reducing overhead
- Speeding up content retrieval
- The pricing tiers are not driven to standard CDN service offerings
- The user interface can be confusing and daunting to new users
CDN77 is supported by 28 data centers in 23 different countries. It is a London based organization. It offers a free trial for 14 days. You pay as you use without a contract.
- Although it has an easy installation feature, the user interface is quite complex.
- Supports WordPress Cache plugins.
- Real-time site traffic and graphics
- Provides Hot-Link protection.
- Free SSL
- 50 GB storage
- 1 GB offers convenient payment options around $0.015
- Load times are not fast as compared to other major CDNs
- Fewer networks than competitors